- Liquid antibacterial soap (fragrance free).
- Anti-microbial or germicidal liquid for cleaning.
- Sea salt water soaks- add 1/4 teaspoon non-iodized to one cup (8 oz.) warm water.
- Wash hands with antibacterial soap.
- Apply cleaning solution to the area with Q-tip/cotton swab- clean the area and the jewelry no more than twice a day.
- Fill clean cup with sea salt mixture (see directions above), invert it over the area to form a vacuum and soak for 5-10 minutes, twice a day.
What to Avoid
- Alcohol, Peroxide, Betadine or Hibiclens Ointments- Bacitracin, Neosporin, etc.
- Don't over clean- No more than twice a day.
- Don't change jewelry during healing time.
- Don't sleep or put pressure on the piercing.
- Don't go into water such as pools, jacuzzis, etc. unless water is clean enough for you.
- Never touch piercings with dirty hands.
Alcohol-free mouth wash
Sea salt water rinses- add 1/4 teaspoon non-iodized to one cup (8 oz.) warm water.
- Rinse mouth for 30-60 seconds with solution after meals, smoking, etc. for the entire minimum initial healing time. 4-5 times per day.
- Rinse mouth for 15-30 seconds with sea salt mixture, twice a day.
What to Avoid
- Alcohol, smoke, eating spicy, salty, acidic or hot temperature food and drinks for the first few days.
- Don't use mouthwash which contain alcohol.
- Don't change your jewelry during the entire initial healing.
- Never touch piercing with dirty hands- wash hands with antibacterial soap.